2) Rob points out the draft of 2005: Corey Webster (2), Justin Tuck (3) and Brandon Jacobs (4). Ernie lives. Not bad, considering you DID trade away the (1) and (5) and only had 4 picks that year! 3 out of 4 pro bowl players, if not in name. Pretty impressive.
3) With Burress gone for the year, you have to expect the Redskins (and Arizona and Bengals) defensive approach to keep resurfacing now. The Eagles learned that they are not big enough to beat us with a 7 man front, so with Burress out, I expect more 8-man fronts. If you have a 100% chance of losing with a 7 man front (because the Giants will run it down your throat), then why not make Eli beat you with an 8 man front, where your chances for losing are only 85%? As we said earlier this week, you pick your poison against this Giants offense; w/o Burress and the double over the top, you have to play more 8 man fronts and take your chances. Hopefully by now, Gilbride has figured this out and knows what he needs to do, namely passing about 70-75% of the time if that hand is dealt to him. PUNISH THEM. Hixon et al can punish them.
4) Mike Francesa is ready to b(r)own Manning, Francesa is in love with him now, "he just wins."
5) Steelers face Dallas with Demarcus Ware (probable) and Marion Barber out (did not even make the trip). Those two would be huge losses. With Barber out, the edge is already with Pitt, but if Ware is out also I would fully expect the Steelers to win the game. Even if Ware plays, it does not look like he will be 100%.
6) After the Dallas-Seahawks game, Ware and Romo on the sideline..
DeMarcus Ware: "Your were hot, you were hot today boy. I'm glad I'm not chasin' your brown out there."
Romo: "Me too."
7) Yes, Westbrook will be healthy. That is a problem. Just like the Colts are a different team with and without Sanders, so it goes with a (HEALTHY) Westbrook.
8) Robbins, O'Hara and Bradshaw are Probable, Webster is Questionable. Webster practiced Friday but he remains a gametime decision.
9) The Steelers right now are perceived to be the #2 team in the league. The Dallas game will tell us a lot about the AFC and NFC, strength-wise.
10) No love lost between Burress and the bartenders at the Latin Quarter. "Burress was an a**. He was rude and disorderly and didn't acknowledge anyone unless they were in the VIP section. He didn't treat anybody with respect. I'd rather work with regular customers. Celebrities like Plaxico just cause more problems. He gives the club a bad rep," the bartender said.
11) Ultimate timing: The tickets for today's game against the Eagles have which player on them? You cannot make this up.. yes, Plaxico Burress.
12) Fwiw, I'll be at the game, and if they name the defensive starters, I will be one of those supporting Pierce. After all of the misery he has been put through by that moron, he needs to know that Giants fans appreciate his efforts and are 100% behind him.
13) Another year, another Eagles game. Get ready for some fights in the stands.
Drink, Eagles fans, drink, on the road to binging-spree!
Fight. Fight, Fight! Score a sucker punch one two three!!
Hit em low, hit em high,
and watch our fists fly!!
Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to penitentiary!