2. Season Low 14 pts of offense for Brady and Co.
3. NFL Total Access had Super Bowl XXV won by the Giants as the #1 Super Bowl of all time... where do they put Super Bowl XLII??? I know the game did not end on the Burress TD, but considering the Manning to Tyree, the 18-0 Pats, the most lead changes in Q4 of ANY Super Bowl, this one may have to eclipse it. I know it does for me.
4. All three Giants Super Bowl victories occurred with us trailing at halftime. (The fact that we are 3-1 in Super Bowls and were trailing in all 4 reminds me of Super Bowl XXXV, which I would rather forget.)
5. Let's acknowledge that Barber's exit was probably one of the reasons for Coughlin getting grief from Giants Mananagement about poor communication with players, followed by orders to start listening more to his players. And let's go one step further and realize that Coughlin's success in this area is a big reason why players 'bought in' and played so hard for him. So Tiki was a positive force for change, and might very well be indirectly responsible for some this year's success.
6. Heard a few quotes: 'Eli the Mann, Brady the Lady' and '18 Wins 1 GIANT LOSS"
7. Olivia Manning after Peyton was MVP of Super Bowl XLI: "Maybe next year it will be Eli's turn." Only a mother could say that. The rest of the football world laughed, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US! Mom was right. You cannot make this stuff up!
8. Speaking of Super Bowl Parents, Steve DeOssie met up with son Zak after the game and wept. 1990 ANALOG LIVES!!!
7. Giants fans parade serenade for #92: "One more year!" ... for Spags: "Redskins suck!"
8. The Giants won the last 3 games by 4, 3 (OT) and 3 points. Had it all the way!
From Dr. Rob at the game:
9. Brady had open receivers all day, but the pass rush would not allow him to find most of them.
10. Webster and Ross still had pretty decent coverage but Brady was inaccurate.
11. On 'The Helmet,' Manning set his feet and threw a very good pass as a result- HE TOOK THE HIT! (ultimatenyg note- Old Eli throws this one off his back feet and does NOT take the hit.)
12. Manning has consistently been throwing when there are 8 men in the box and running when there are 7. (Kind of reminds me of the sound fundamentals of Tim Duncan, who is shooting with single and passing with double.)
13. On the Tyree TD, at least 2 or 3 players are frozen on play-action and that enables Manning to stick it in vs single coverage.
14. On the Smith muff that gets picked off by Hobbs, Ahmad Bradshaw saves a TD because w/o him riding the player out of bounds he has 90 yards of daylight. This is where u have to be at the stadium, because all we see is two slow linemen trying to take the angle.