1) Ward had a very nice blitz pickup of Ray Lewis on 3rd and 15 which enables a key 21 yard pass catch to Burress, giving a key first down in the first drive of the game and the tempo to be established for the Giants.
2)The Ravens simply made a cardinal sin, you cannot tackle Jacobs high. High they went, and loss they got.
2) Giants vs Ravens... 207 yards rushing against a team that was allowing 56 yards/game. This Ravens defense had not given up 100 yards rushing in 27 games. This was the first 200 yard running game given up vs this defense in 11 years. THE POINT- this Giants OL did it again. During the week, Lewis asked aloud, those holes the Giants OL created, c'mon, the RBs are not doing a lot, and he implied by it that the Ravens would not be handing the Giants those running lanes. Well, Jacobs, Ward and Bradshaw ALL had 20+ yard runs.
3) Robbins blocked a 33 yard FG. It will be nice when this guy's hand/s are healed, because he'll be resuming his pass rish too when that happens.
4) Aaron Ross had two picks, 1 for an TD. That TD was the killer of the game, effectively ending the game there assuming no craziness.
5) The Giants did not get a pass rush until late in the game.
6) Manning pick to Lewis was about the only real negative. Stop the telegraphing. (see #12 addendum at bottom)
7) Bradshaw had a 77 yard run, is he the best back on this team or what?!! Jacobs and Ward did great, but you have to ask yourself what would #44 be doing with the same opportunities. Ward had a big run for 22 yards early in Q2... you have to ask, would #44 have gone the distance on that same play?
8) Injuries? Ross, McKenzie, Jacobs?
9) Flacco (who was probably off their run radar) killed the Giants with those scrambles, but there was not enough around him to make them come together for the points to make a difference. Correctable mistake that Spags will clean up by getting more pocket discipline on those scrambling QBs.
10) Giants run defense continues to stuff the opponent.
11) Ravens only success came in trying to slow down the Giants successful D with those pesky reverses and screens to stop Giants overpursuit. That is not a big issue, it is correctable, and even by Q4 it was abandoned by the Ravens.
12) (addendum, added 10PM) Manning got a beating today. We saw him get hit on more than a few plays, but someone who was at the game and did not have to look through the camera's eyes said that Manning took a lot of punishment. I want to point this out because when I mention the telegraphing, it is not to take away from a really good game that Manning played. His QB rating is a browning joke, the stat is so bogus at times, and this is certainly one of them. Besides, when there is that much wind, who gives a rat's Brown about the surface. He uses that hard count, he deals with Gilbrown's playcalling, he makes the decisions, he hits his receivers, he gets a tremendous amount of credit in this win.