1) Recap of Giants-Jets preseason game: "DON'T look at stats...Eli played GREAT...best I've seen him look in AGES...Nicks is NOT the answer THIS year...in spots, yes..but Smith still the most solid...and yeah, I know he dropped a PERFECTLY thrown bomb...Hixon MUST catch that ball..terrible..sh*t happens but NOT THAT..your QB will get "cold feet" throwing that pass to you...and Boss is not "awesome"...he's a good player who is often the beneficiary of being in the right place at the right time...O-line and D-line will be great...BUT, they MUST get SOMETHING out of their LB's..and their secondary is a real issue...Phillips...as I stated, he'll be ok-good..but "really good-great" ? NEVER...any plays he makes will be due to DL pressuring the QB....if I were Jints, 2 things worry me:
1. Opp teams load up the box and dare the WR's to make plays; and
2. Opp teams max protect and air it out against the D...plus run screens, bubble screens, quick slants
I think the Jints need a GAME PLAN that includes screens, short circle routes and dumpoffs to Bradshaw and Ware...I also don't believe they run NEARLY enough play action with crossing routes to take advantage of opp LB's "creeping up" to protect against the run..of course, they executed perfectly the play action post bomb to Smith that he dropped..but don't give up on that..."
2) Andre Smith INJURED: "Gee, what a shock...that a FAT, OUT OF SHAPE PIG would get hurt trying to do something "athletic"....do you think he was working with a kick*ss personal trainer the last 5 months?? duh, I don't think so...I can't think of ANYBODY who thought that he was "overrated" in the draft..can you???"
3) When I commented to Wonder about wanting Maualuga but did not know about the 'roid use, he had an interesting comeback: "You WANT guys who HAVE already "roided up"...so they don't NEED TO DO IT IN THE PROS SO THEY DON'T TEST POSITIVE !!!!!....as long as they keep "working out", they keep MOST of their built up muscle mass...BUT, they can't just stop or take a vacation..or they might "lose it"...soooooo, I think MAU would have been a stud classic 4-3 MLB TACKLING MACHINE....critical in a good 4-3."
Ultimatenyg here. MORE screens. MORE play action. To Gilbride's credit, he uses play action, but NOT ENOUGH. You cannot overuse it if the defense is loading the box as much as they did late last season and as much as you know they will be doing again this season.