Wonder walks us through Round 1 of the 2010 NFL Draft, which is being held this Thursday at 730PM ET. We will have Pete and Wonder on Cover-It-Live, a live commenting session right here on the blog.
This is a hybrid of not only where Wonder thinks players should go but also where these GMs will go with their picks.
1) Rams- Bradford
2) Lions- Suh
3) Bucs- McCoy
4) Skins- Okung
5) Chiefs- Here is where it gets interesting. The Chiefs are rumored to be looking for suitors to trade down. Assuming they stay where they are we'll go with them taking Berry or Trent Williams.
6) Seahawks. Big wild card. But I'll say that the Seahawks take whoever the Chiefs do not take, either Trent Williams or Eric Berry.
7) Browns- I do not think they are taking Claussen. I think they take Dez Bryant.
8) Raiders- How do you get in the mind of a maniac? Bruce Campbell? (or one of the other 2 tackles Bulaga or Davis?) Pierre-Paul?
9) Bills- Jimmy Clausen.
10) Jaguars. They want to trade down too. If they stay, they take Earl Thomas.
11) Broncos- Rolondo McClain.
12) Dolphins- Derrick Morgan. As a Jets fan and Dolphin hater, I am hoping they do something weak like taking Dan Williams here at #11. Jason Ferguson is suspended for 8 games, so it is possible they could do that.
13) 49ers- They will take whichever Tackle is there of the 3 the Raiders take from, meaning we'll go with Bulaga.
14) Seahawks- Spiller.
15) Giants- Brandon Graham. He can play 4-3 DE, a smaller DE with a swim move. And then they trade Umenyiora if they get value for him. The other possibility is Kindle or Weatherspoon, whichever they feel fits their system best. Me? I feel Kindle fits the system best as an OLB with the most upside of anybody. He can be a beast. Also Weatherspoon can be a good solid Pro for 7-8 years. So you can take Weatherspoon too and he will work out fine. If the Giants had balls, they would go up and take Earl Thomas. Earl Thomas better than Antrel Rolle and Kenny Phillips? Hell YES. Earl Thomas will be an unbelieveable safety. But they won't do that.
16) Titans- They will take CB, will be surprised to see Haden there and they will take him. I think Wilson is better than Haden, but they'll take Haden.
17) 49ers- They will take the CB that the Titans do not take, which means Wilson.
18) Steelers- Offensive Interior Lineman, either Iupati or Pouncey. If I am them, I take Pouncey, but I believe if they have their choice they will take Iupati.
19) Falcons- Going defense with either a LBer or a CB. Depending on who the Giants take, they will take Kindle, then Graham, then Weatherspoon.
20) Texans- They make the first big move and the best move of the draft. They go offense and take Ryan Matthews, RB. He'll go great in that offense, will help Schaub and Slaton.
21) Bengals- Jermaine Gresham.
22) Patriots- They will take Graham, Kindle or if neither is available, Jerry Hughes.
23) Packers- Do 1 of 3 things: (1) Leftover Tackle, including possible Charles Brown (2) If T not available, they take either Iupati/Pouncey leftover, or (3) If they don't have either of those OL choices, they go Cornerback, and Devin McCourtey would be a standout pick for them right there.
24) Eagles- Surprise... go safety and they go with Nate Allen. I give them no chance of trading up for Thomas or Berry.
25) Ravens- They go LB or Safety and they take Taylor Mays.
26) Cardinals- I have no idea what the Cardinals are going to do. They have to go LBer, so they take whoever is left of the Weatherspoon/Hughes/Graham/Kindle group.
27) Cowboys- If one of the top OTs falls, that is who they take: Charles Brown, Anthony Davis etc.. They may even take Rodger Saffold, a surprise jump into Round 1.
28) Chargers- So pissed off- they wanted Ryan Matthews, they will take Dan Williams or Terrence Cody. Pete likes these guys, I do not, so I think it is a mistake. I realize I am in the minority on that one. If they pass on Devin McCourtey (assuming still there) and take someone else, they will never live it down.
29) Jets- Hoping for the big trade of draft day: their #1 + Pouha + 4th or 5th Rounder next year for Albert Haynesworth. Assuming this does not happen, the guy I want is Everson Griffen. The guy they might (unfortunately) take Odrick.
30) Vikings- They go Cornerback and take Kareem Jackson.
31) Colts- Brian Price or Dan Williams (if still available).
32) Saints- Ryan Matthews not there, so they take Jason Pierre-Paul, who has slipped through the draft. This is where he SHOULD go.
The biggest development for the Giants will be guys like Clausen and Dez Bryant going 1-14. There is zero chance of the Giants taking either, so it just makes their pick better.