As promised today we'll take a look at the Offensive Linemen coming out. There are a number of them and these guys go pretty quickly if they can play. The supposed stud is Russell Okung from Okla St. Russell is 6'6" and 305 lbs. He had an outstanding college career and what makes him more special he project at the crucial left offensive tackle. A can't miss? Left tackle is like finding gold on the beach. It's rare.
(2) Next we have Anthony Davis out of our own Scarlet Knights of Rutgers. Anthony is 6'6" 325 lbs. He is young, big, agile and plays with some tude. He is projected as a right tackle.
(3) Trent Williams out of Oklahoma is next. He is 6'5 inches and 310 pounds and if you have seen Texas play this year they were excellent up front. Trent was supposedly the boss hoss.
(4) Bryan Baluga. Now I love his name and he is rated as a top 15-20 pick. He played for the Hawkeyes of Iowa and was excellent. We won't get to see Iowa much but they breed offensive lineman and Baluga was impressive at the Sr. Bowl. He is 6'6" 310 pounds.
(5) Bruce Campbell is out of Maryland. He is also projected at right tackle with a 6'7 310 pound body. He too is highly rated and has been all year. He maintains a top 20 ranking.
(6) Mike Iupati played at Idaho so,you know he's tough. Playing in Idaho in December is tough. Mike is 6'5 and 325 lbs. He can play RT or guard. Versatile,big,strong. He won't make it out of round 1.
O.K. six out of 32 players is a lot but all of these guys can play and the demand is always there. Okung won't make it past 10 and probably will go 2-5. They say he is that good. Of course there is the combine and other stuff that could change things but this is the stud. What this says is that at worst, there will be a good O.Lineman when we pick. There are always a few sleepers out there and I will be tracking them. Michael Oher sure worked in the late first round. He was a starter and a good one as a rookie.
Next, we'll talk qb's and as there are not many maybe a twofer. The word out of Alabama is that Mays is not as good as some thought or just not fast enough to play safety. The skinny is that he will not even be in the first round and maybe late second. I don't know but at some point he is worth a hard look. It would be interesting if we got a shot in round 2